Sunday, September 09, 2007

Finally, something for the fair



Well, I finally finished some projects for the fair. Little cat needle finders. Aren't they cute? I love them. They close with velcro and when they are open, there is felt inside to keep all your needles. Boy, do I need one of these. This is a much better place than my sleeves. :)




Also, I finally finished the wedding gift for my good friend Gail and her husband that I have been working on for a year. They were married last November. My friend Sue mentioned that I had a year from their wedding to get a gift to them. Wow, did I take advantage of that. But I did good, I was 2 months early. :) This design is called Playful Day by Finger Work. If you follow the link (click on Playful Day), you will see what the original looks like. I changed the clothing because what they are wearing is pretty dorky, plus, they needed to look like they are at a wedding. So, I changed the clothes and added cranberry for each sash because that was the color of the bridesmaid dresses. I also changed the wording. The frame is mine too. I am so happy with how it came out.

13 Comments:

  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger Paulo said…

    Nice cat.

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    I love your wedding gift for your friend!!!

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger Myrna said…

    Love the needlebooks! And, your gift is great....

     
  • At 1:42 AM, Blogger Sharon said…

    Beautiful gift for your friend! I love the changes. Congrats. I also love the needle minders-too cute.

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Both pieces are fabulous. What a great idea with the cat needle holder!

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger Wendy said…

    Lovely wedding sampler! I really like how you personalized it too, very nice touch!!

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said…

    I love them! That cat is adorable.

     
  • At 9:21 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    You have been stitching so many lovely things. Your friend & her DH will be thrilled with their gift.

     
  • At 6:47 PM, Blogger Dani - tkdchick said…

    Congrats on your wedding gift how fun!

    The cat is too cute!

     
  • At 7:32 AM, Blogger Clothmatters said…

    Fantastic cat needlebook!

     
  • At 4:01 AM, Blogger Carto said…

    Hey there sweetie - I hope you and the puddy tats are well and happy!

    I adore the needlebook, I've not seen anything like it anywhere - fab, and the gift for your friend is lovely, including that rather lovely frame. I do wish that I lived closer to you. I'd love to be able to get frames for my stitching from you :o)

     
  • At 6:32 PM, Blogger Zoekatz said…

    We're very happy with how it turned out. It looks great on our wall. Thank you again for the wonderful gift, we love it! :)

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Blogger stitcherw said…

    Lovely finish, and the cat needleminder is wonderful. What a fun addition to your stitching area, and much better than your sleeve.
    Sue

     

Post a Comment

<< Home