Monday, May 15, 2006

One busy week...of cross stitching

Well, it's been one busy week of stitching here at the homestead. I finished the mother's day gift for my mom of the Heart in Hand Mother's Wisdom patterns. I took all 8 of them and put them on one piece of linen (2 rows of 4). It is so cute. Of course, I forgot to take a picture of it so I need to have my mom take one and email it to me.

Next, I am almost done with my Dad's birthday gift for this weekend. He is a ham radio operator and has been his whole life so I am doing a ham radio design by River's Edge or At River's Edge, I can't remember the name and I am feeling too lazy to go find it. :) Anyway, I am almost done with it and will take a picture before I give it to him. The funny thing is that Thursday night I am going to our shop to frame and he is going to help me make the frame for his gift....of course, he won't know it. Sneaky, sneaky.

I also finished this design by Needle's Content called Sampler Pillow Cover. It was fun to do because it was 2 skeins of Caron Watercolors Rose Blush and the varigation is very strong. I finished it Saturday night. It was one of the 6 projects in my bag that I have been working on for months. I just said, I have to finish these and started working on it.


I also went to the store in Bedford on saturday and bought some great hand dyed fabrics. And, I got 2 of the Rosewood Manor patterns I mentioned in a separate post. Grapes in the Round and Strawberries in the Round. They are so cute. Well, that's it for tonight. I am going to read my new book, "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" by Lisa See. I love stories of Chinese history and life. Hopefully tomorrow night I will post the Ham Radio design....finished. :)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home