Monday, January 01, 2007

WIP it good!






Yea! Another finish! And, a WIP to boot. I finally picked Bent Creek's Winter Soapbox back up and finished it. I love these soapboxes and already did the autumn one but for some reason sat on this one for months. I still have quite a few WIPs but one less is awesome. I have also included in this post the framed Two Red Houses by Littlehouse Needleworks. It came out awesome. This was for my aunt and uncle for Christmas. They live in Newburyport, MA and if you have ever been there, you know why this design is perfect. It is a city on the water with many old federal style houses. Just a beautiful place, where I was born, actually. Also, my other aunt, who also lives there, has a birthday wednesday so I finished a shlep bag for her and mailed it saturday. I added her initials to it and her favorite color is purple. My Mom and I couldn't remember her middle name, we think it is Frances, hence the F in the monogram. We consulted with another aunt and tried to call her daughter but were fairly certain this was correct. We hope. I kept joking that I will get a thank you note that says "thank you for the bag, but what does the F stand for?" :) Happy New Year.

8 Comments:

  • At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the red houses, gorgeous frame too. What a nice schlep bag you made for your aunt and congrats on finishing Winter Soapbox. You've been very busy.

     
  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger Sharon said…

    Wow, you are on a finishing roll! congrats- I like those soapboxes too. That is a great sclep bag-love the color. Happy New Year to you!

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Annemarie said…

    LOL about the F. Very funny, that!
    I love the Bent Creek soap boxes too, and yours turned out lovely.

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Congrats on all the finishes! Your soapbox is so cute. Isn't it nice to have even just one more WIP finished?! Love the framed red houses too - what a great design!

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Von said…

    Your title cracked me up :) Congrats on all the finishes you've had lately!! It's great to finally catch up with you again.

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger Wendy said…

    Lovely finishes! The schlep bag is great - including the F!

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Chelle said…

    Love your Winter Soapbox! The Spring Soapbox is driving me c*r*a*z*y!! ;o)

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Blogger Cathy B said…

    Two Red Houses looks great - I gotta stitch this one! The framing looks good too.

    Was the "F" correct? LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home