Sunday, May 21, 2006

More time.....

I have determined there either needs to be another day in the week, I need a clone, or I must find a way to function without sleep. There are so many books i want to read and things I want to stitch. Work is really getting in the way. :) I just went to the movies to the the Davinci Code with my friends John and Sarah. It was great. I loved the book, actually I love all Dan Brown's book. He is very, very good. I hope he publishes another one soon. My other favorite writer, Terry Goodkind, has his 10th (or 11th) book in the Sword of Truth series coming out this July...I feel like I have been waiting for that one for years. Oh, wait a minute, I have been.


Anyway, onto the wonderful of world of stitching and my weekend. My Dad turned 60 on Thursday and my Mom graduated from college with her Associate's degree on Saturday so Saturday night they had a party at their house with friends and family. It was a lot of fun. I played with my beautiful nephews, which was the highlight of my week. They are so awesome. I did a punchneedle piece for my mom.... Lizzie*Kate's summer and did a Ham Radio piece for my Dad called Calling CQ by At River's End. Of course, in keeping with tradition, I forgot to take pictures of both pieces. The next time I am at their house I will do my best to remember so I can post them and show you. They turned out really terrific. I am bound and determined to finish the pieces in my bag and only then can I start new patterns. I have added my Current Projects on the right hand side of the page, with pictures and links. Some of them are UFOs but I thought it a good idea to put them there as a reminder to me that I need to finish them. The one from Long Dog Samplers is truly amazing. It's on white 28ct Jobelan with one color DMC, 777, which is a dark deep pink red. I will put a picture of it up here soon. The picture they use doesn't do it justice.


I did finish another punch needle piece today from Pine Mountain Designs called Ohio Star. In honor of quilting. And, I have been working on Hillside Samplings House Samplings. I took out the fat robin which was over 1 and not easy to take out at all. I redid it and finished the 1st house then moved onto the 2nd and final house in the piece. I have done about 1/2 of it and it looks wonderful. I can't wait to finish it. Happy Stitching, reading, sewing, etc....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home