Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Remember me....and Jamie

This week has been a bit slow at work so I went to the Stitching Bits and Bobs site and clicked on every designer on the chart page. Wow, did I see a lot of charts I want to stitch. And I bought a few things too. Well, there was a sale and it would have been rude to visit their site for so long and not purchase anything. Besides, I needed Olde Willow threads for the WOTM (women of the mayflower) and since they were on sale... I also got a really cool Wizard from Peter Underhill and one of his rolly, polly cats that looks a lot like Maggie. I am moving right along with When This You See (remember me) from Blackbird Designs. I love the way it is turning out. I am also so happy my friends are blogging too. Sue set up a wonderful site called Home Sweet Stitching a few weeks ago and has a great pic of her progress on My Home Town. Joyce just set up a terrific blog called M&M's and Ice Water and has a great pic of her latest The Drawn Thread piece.


I took a quilting class last week with my Mom. We made schlep bags and they sew up mighty quick. We had each of ours made in 3 hours. My Mom's looks great and is in vegetable fabrics of bright colors. Of course, I did mine in cat fabric. I just got some more fat quarters to make another bag but my sewing machine is being serviced at the moment. There is quite an annoying squeak coming from it. I can't wait to pick it up this weekend.

I got some bad news on Monday. My cousin Christoper's wife, Jamie died after a long battle with breast cancer. She was diagnosed with it while she was pregnant with their son Jason, 2 1/2 years ago. They couldn't do anything for her at that time because they didn't want to hurt the baby but as soon as she had him, she started treatment. The cancer was really bad for a while and then it seemed to go away and she was doing really well. They went to Disney World a few months ago and had a wonderful time. However, after they returned from their trip, the cancer came back and moved into her liver. She died at her home with her family this past Sunday morning. She just turned 30 a month ago. I feel so bad for Chris and Jason. At 2 1/2, he can't possibly begin to comprehend what is going on or where his mommy is. Jamie was a beautiful, intelligent, caring woman and I hope her family is able to heal from their loss at some point in their lives.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Carol said…

    Oh, my sincerest condolences regarding Jamie. What a terrible loss for your family :-(

     
  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger Joyce said…

    Ann, I'm so sorry about Jamie. My sympathies to you and your family.

    Thank you for your kind and encouraging comments about my new blog. It will be fun to post regularly, and I really enjoy reading your blog. Your Remember Me is great! I have that one in my stash, too.

     
  • At 4:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I've just come across your blog, through Carol's and wanted to post a message on this one. I'm so sorry to hear about your Cousin's wife, my own cousin died on 31st May 04 after a battle with cancer lasting 10 years and she died age 34. She left behind 2 young sons and her husband.
    (To make matters worse, my husband walked out on me 4 days later :( )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home