Sunday, June 04, 2006

Plymouth Sampler

This has been an awesome weekend. Yesterday, I went to Raymond to pick up a quilt I made and had quilted. It is so awesome. I just have to sew the binding on and it will be done and then I will put a picture up here. Then, I drove to Salem to pick up my sewing machine which was being serviced. I got a lecture there (and rightfully so) about how often I should oil the machine (which I wasn't doing at all) and how I should clean the machine after every 8 hours of use. Ah, yeah, I hadn't cleaned it in 2 years. No wonder it was squeaking and running funny. Well, now it runs awesome and it is like a new machine. Let's hope I have learned my lesson about that. :)

Then, I saw my friend Sue, who always makes me laugh and is so much fun to be around. We talked stitching and stuff. Then I spent mucho dineros at Colonial Needleworks in Bedford. It felt like I hadn't been there in months. I bought all the stuff in the picture above. I am the most excited about getting Brenda Keyes Plymouth Sampler because it always sells out. I was looking through all the charts and there it was, I almost yelled out in the middle of the store. I have already started on it and I must say it is so refreshing to be stitching with DMC so I can haul butt with the sewing method. I can't remember the last time I stitched something that didn't use over-dyed thread. It is a nice change. I also did some work on the blog which was much needed.

Stuff I bought at Colonial Needleworks:

1. Plymouth Sampler by The Sampler Company & 28ct cream Cashel linen
2. 32ct cream Belfast linen for Women of the Mayflower (I am sensing a theme here)
3. Garden State Java linen by R & R Reproductions for Quaker Garden pattern by Blackbird Designs
4. Halloween House by Lilybet Designs & 28ct green cashel linen to go with it. Also a few overdyes I didn't have.
5. Two Red Houses by Little House Needleworks. This is a Christmas present for someone but I can't say who in case she is reading this ;)

On the book front......I decided to put away the 6 books I had made it to page 30 on and pick up an author I know would break my current reading crisis. This happens to me every 6 - 8 months; I can't seem to get into any book I pick up. Jodi Picoult is one of my favorite authors and her books are so good that my hopes are high for book crisis breakage.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger Carol said…

    I agree - Sue is great fun to visit with!! I have Plymouth Sampler waiting in the wings too - but, I bet you are not surprised by that now, are you?? LOL

     
  • At 4:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    My Mum uses the sewing machine, sewing machines and I don't seem to get on very well. I don't think Mum has ever cleaned hers, she just uses it and puts it back in its case and it's more than 20 years old now.

    Sounds like you had a great time at the LNS.

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger Joyce said…

    I've had Plymouth Sampler on my wish list for ages . . . I'd love to see it in person, what you've stitched on it so far. This blog stuff is so fun! Thanks for encouraging me on doing one myself!

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger Joyce said…

    Where is your Women of the Mayflower on your sidebar? I thought I saw it there as a project in progress the other day, or am I mistaken? You have a great blog, Ann.

     
  • At 1:46 AM, Blogger Annemarie said…

    Hey Ann, thanks for visiting my blog and thereby introducing me to yours. I absolutely love the projects you're working on! And the Plymouth Sampler...sigh... So many designs so little time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home