Sunday, August 20, 2006

Tons of PIctures



Haunt the Night Away

I have so many pictures to show you. First of all, I framed friday night and made a frame in this cool pink/purple color for the La-D-Da Bloomin' Alphabet. I did the date and my initials in WDW Cranberry Ice and the paint color matches it perfect. I wasn't sure of it at first but I like to experiment and take color chances and this looks amazing. The picture doesn't show the color as well as it is in person but it came out great. Next, I had a frame I purchased years ago that I freehand painted white stars on. Well, I can't freehand anything (my stick figures are unproportional) so I primed it and painted over it in black. That was for Haunt the Night Away. And it looks great too! I am going to enter it in the Silkweaver contest b/c it is done on a SW linen. Sue told me about that yesterday. She did the sweetest thing too. She gave me a gift from my wish list of CHS Scarlet Berries. It is so beautiful. With Fairy Dust 32 ct linen and the 4 NPS colors to stitch it. She is so thoughtful and such a good friend. I started it yesterday and here is a pic of it. Scarlet BerriesThe colors are so fall and rich and I love the feel of the silks. Next, I did some work on WOTM, which is coming right along. I know I say this every time I stitch it but it is such an enjoyable piece to stitch. I do think I am going to need another skein of a few colors which will probably take forever to get since everyone has to order them. Finally, Maggie helped me take a picture of Bent Creek's Spring Snapperland. I finished block 4.

I bought season 1 of Prison Break and watched the entire thing, minus last season's finale, this weekend. I am going to watch the finale before the premiere tomorrow night. I so love that show. It is very clever and just fun. That and LOST are my 2 favorite shows.Mags and BC snapperladWomen of the Mayflower

17 Comments:

  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said…

    Wow, all your pieces look wonderful. And such an adorable kitty:)

     
  • At 10:25 PM, Blogger Leah said…

    Your frames are wonderful!!

     
  • At 10:26 PM, Blogger Stitch Wizard said…

    Your pieces are all just ever so beautiful!! How nice that you are even talented at framing as well!! I love your Women of the Mayflower! The colors are all so pretty! Thank you for your nice comment too on my blog! It is people like you who inspire me to work on my projects!! Your little kitty is just a cutie too!

    Debby

     
  • At 12:05 AM, Blogger Sharon said…

    Your frames are beautiful! I really love the haunt the night away piece! WOTM is looking good!

     
  • At 12:46 AM, Blogger CindyMae said…

    Everything looks just beautiful!

     
  • At 6:22 AM, Blogger Jenn said…

    Maggie looks so proud of your work. Everything you've done looks great. I think the stitching bug is finally starting to bite me again. YEAH!!!! So I hope to have an updated to post of my blog soon.

    Glad you liked PB. You will love the Finale. I'm interested in checking out the show that is on after it tonight too.

     
  • At 8:02 AM, Blogger Glenna said…

    Ohhhhh--your frames are amazing. I'd love it if sometime you might talk to us about the mechanics of framing. I'd love to see if it's something I could do reasonably, but don't know how it works and what's involved.

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Your wips are looking fantastic and I love the frames you chose for your two finishes! You should definitely enter your piece in the contest - it's a winner!

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger Wendy said…

    Your framing jobs are incredible!

    Isn't Prison Break great - I can't wait to see the premiere tonight. We rented the first DVD of Lost on Friday night and so far have watched the first 3 hours - what a great show. I can't believe we haven't seen it before now.

     
  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger LivnLaf said…

    Love your frames...you did a great job. Love the fabric in the Halloween one...and WOTM looks fabulous!!!!

     
  • At 7:23 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Wow, your framed projects look amazing! And your current projects are, too! I can't wait to see your progress with Scarlett Berries!!

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger Singular Stitches said…

    What awesome stitching! (and your kitty modeling your stitching is adorable!)

    I don't know how I managed it (but I did), to miss your blog (even though you've left very nice comments on my blog). Wow! What an awesome find! I've just added your blog to my Bloglines.

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger Carol said…

    I love your two new framed pieces Ann - they look wonderful. Sue is so excited about the Silkweaver Showcase :-) Good luck with yours! The competition is very stiff there, but so worth it!! Love your kitty pic :-) Gotta find a Saturday for the stitch in at Sue's!!! ARGH. Will see if Jenn has any ideas yet, or else just schedule anyhow :-)

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger Cathy B said…

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yours is wonderful! Your framing looks great and you have so many finishes! We have many similar tastes too!

    Keep up your stitching and do stop back again - I have bookmarked your blog now so that I will visit more often!

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger BeckySC said…

    OOoh, everything looks GREAT!
    Thanks for visiting with me :) Glad you dropped by and I could return the favor :) I'll be adding you to my "reads"!

     
  • At 7:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    My friend is doing that CHS one and she has substituted the deep red colour for the DMC variegated one with that deep red in it and it looks amazing.

    I love your alphabet one, I think that might need to go on the wish list (which is getting longer rather than shorter!!).

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Rachel V said…

    Wowers, what a great framer you are! Love that silkweaver fabby. The frame is perfect!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home