Sunday, July 30, 2006

New Projects



I decided I didn't have enough to stitch ;) so I started 2 more projects. I got the BC freebie border for spring summerland so I started that on 32ct Dove Grey wichelt linen. It looks so cute and I have 3 chickens done on it so far. I also picked up The Sheldon Hawks House by The Goode Huswife and started that on 40ct Antique Copper by R & R. This is the first project I have done on 40ct and I really like it. I sense a new trend coming on. I also stitched some more on PS.

Yesterday I picked up the pup and brought her to her house, she is such a sweetie. She was covered in dirt from rolling around with the other crazy dogs. Then I went to my parents house and we met my aunt and uncle at Prescott Park in Portsmouth. They have musicals each summer and the one this summer is Oliver. So, we had a picnic and even though it was 95 degrees out, it was shaded and really nice. I went for a walk downtown and went in some shops during the intermission because I had to stretch. Portsmouth is so much fun. There are so many restaurants and shops and people walking around. I can't believe the weekend is over; it went by so fast I don't feel like I had one. Sharon asked a few posts ago why I was unhappy with my stitches on Haunt the Night Away. Well, the stitches are kind of over one another instead of separate. They just don't look like stitches should look. :) It happens from stitching with the sewing method with hand dyed thred and the way I do it. The problem is I like to go fast because I have so much stash and I want to stitch all of it, well, now. Yes, I am being too hard on myself. I am happy with my stitches usually but for some reason HTNA is giving me trouble.

Thank you all for all the sweet comments about Chester aka The Boy. He is a tuxedo cat with long fur and is the sweetest thing. He appreciates all the attention. And this week on Project Runway there is a scandal. Someone gets sent home before the judging for doing something they aren't suppose to. I love that show. And for all you fantasy book fans, Phantom by Terry Goodkind is soooo good. But if you are going to pick it up I suggest reading books 1 - 9 first or it won't make any sense. He is a great writer. Oh, and I also went to an Arbonne party at my friend Gail's house friday night. We had so much fun doing facials and trying on make-up. I love makeup so.....I bought makeup. A lot of makeup, just in time for fall. I love the fall, it is my favorite season.

Finally, Red, thank you for your suggestion of putting the name of my friends cat, Chex, at the bottom of the Starry Cat design. I am definitely going to do that. Awesome suggestion! Thanks.

8 Comments:

  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said…

    Your new starts are so great. I have the spring BC charts and I am having a hard time resisting them. I will probably break when more of the summer ones come out as that is my favorite season!

     
  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger Joyce said…

    I love catching up on your projects, Ann. They're all great! I'm glad to hear you liked Lady in the Water. I like M. Knight, too. I watched "Signs" with my DS while he was in the hospital, and though I've seen it before, it was somehow comforting to realize the theme of the movie during that time and think of the signs and "coincidences" in our lives recently. How did you choose your fabric for the BC chart? Is that the one suggested?

     
  • At 7:49 AM, Blogger Glenna said…

    I've found I love the 40 ct fabric also, and seem to want to stitch everything on it these days. I also use the "sewing" method because of my large stash; the stabbling method just seems too time-consuming now. Your chicken design is a hoot, and I love seeing someone's new start almost as much as I like doing one. I'm wondering if Portsmouth has a needlework shop? You'd think so.

     
  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger The Queen's Stitch said…

    I so jealous! Not just a new start, but two new starts! And two that I would like to start as well. I don't think there should be any new starts around here soon though. Today Patti came to my house and I showed her a small selection of my WIPs. I think I scared her. : )

    Sandy

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger Crazee4books said…

    Hi Ann, Like the idea of putting your friend's cat's name on your project. I had two friends loose their cats this past week. Sat and cried on the phone with them. Its the only bad thing about having cats. Oh, and fur balls.
    Cheers Judy

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Gina E. said…

    Hi Ann,
    I have just discovered you via Lelia's blog, while reading all the comments about her kittens. I was intrigued by your blog name, so I came across to visit. I also love cats and cross stitch! I'll be back..

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    The chickens are cute! I need to get back to working on my Winter Snapperland. sigh. But I have Spring all ready to go whenever I get to it!

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger LivnLaf said…

    **You are so welcome**

     

Post a Comment

<< Home