Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Movies, movies, movies

I can't believe how many times I have been to the movies this week. Friday night I saw Lady in the Water and loved it. M. Night is so creative and intriguing, I am so in awe of his movies. Then yesterday I saw Pirates of the Carribean 2, which was great too. It was a little long at 2.5 hours, but Johnny Depp's Jack Sparrow is so awesome. Then tonight I saw The Devil Wears Prada and that was great too. Meryl Streep was so good, I hated her. And Anne Hathaway in the lead was wonderful too. I need to figure out how to do my eye makeup like she had in the movie. I love eye makeup.


So, Chester finally let me take a halfway decent picture of him. He's such a sweetie cat. I took friday and yesterday off and yesterday hung out with my Dad for the day. It was great, we had a lot of fun going to the movies, lunch and dinner, checking out the woodworking shop (he helps me with my framing), etc. Cool day. I worked on Haunt the Night Away tonight. I did the tree, porch, and headstone. I am not as happy with my stitching on this piece so I am glad the picture is blurry.

8 Comments:

  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Sharon said…

    Your making progress-I just love this piece on the fabric you chose. Why are you unhappy with your stitches?

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Glenna said…

    Haunt the Night Away looks great--don't pick on yourself (we all do the same thing, though, don't we?) I'll have to post a picture of Little Friend, who's a dead ringer for Chester. And of course, I also have a Chester, who's a tan/yellow tabby.

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger Judith said…

    You are making very nice progress, here it is just to warm to stitch a lot.

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger Von said…

    Thanks for leaving a note on my blog! I haven't looked for new stitching blogs for awhile, so hadn't seen yours yet. I'll get it into my Newsgator account so I can be visiting often!

    You're working on some lovely projects. I'm especially fond of the Plymouth sampler. Thanks for the movie reviews too - dh has a birthday this week and perhaps we'll see a movie, probably Pirates.

    The temperatures are beginning to come back down. The day after the swim meet it got up to 114, next day 112. Perhaps by this weekend we'll be back to mid 90s again, something closer to normal, lol!

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger Crazee4books said…

    Hi Ann, Thanks for the comments on my book blog. I have'nt read too much of Terry Goodkind I'm afraid. Too many books, so little time. I'm reading Melanie Rawn's SunRunner series for the second time. Have you read any of her books. She's awesome. If you do run into Jodi Picoult please say hello for me. CHeers. Judy
    P.S. Wasn't Pirates a blast!!!

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    What a pretty kitty, and lovely stitching!!

    The "SBQ" (Stitching Blogger's Question)s come from Renee, over at "Stitched With Love and Cat Hair." I believe from there you can subscribe to her Yahoo group, and the questions will be mailed to you every week.

     
  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    What a beautiful cat you have there.

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Carto said…

    Awwww! What a handsome feline fella he is.

    Don't beat yourself up - I think your stitching looks fab! x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home