Thursday, July 27, 2006

PS is almost done

I am so close to being done with Plymouth Sampler. I really can't wait to finish it and frame it. I filled in the green background of the alphabet and started the right border. Hopefully I will finish it by the end of the weekend and frame it next week. Project Runway was good last night. But I think Angela should have gone home because she seems a bit nutty. I just don't like her very much. Miami Vice comes out in theaters tomorrow and I really want to see that. I also get to puppy sit this saturday for a few hours. My neighbors are going to a Dave Matthews Band concert and won't be home until saturday night so I am on puppy patrol. I love it.


I stitched this little house fob up for my friend Sue and sent it to her monday. It was so fun to stitch. I put a nice red fabric on the back and learned from another blog how to make cord with a drill. It is so easy I couldn't believe it. I am really happy with how it came out. (I have been trying to upload a pic of the back but blogger won't cooperate).

My friend Diane lost her cat Chex this past weekend; he was really sick. I know from experience how awful that is. The "cat" from cat and turtle, whose name was Bonzo but I called her Meows, died 2 years ago from kidney disease. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her. I still have that turtle. She carried it all over the house and every day I would come home to find that turtle in a different place. Watching her carry it up and down stairs was the coolest thing I have ever seen. It was like her baby. I waited with a camera for 20 minutes to get that picture of her coming out of my bedroom with the turtle in her mouth. So, I found a Chessie & Me design called Starry Cat that I ordered and am going to stitch up for Diane in honor of Chex. The cat in the design looks exactly like her cat.

Been wearing glasses for 2 days....can't take them anymore...must have new contacts.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:03 PM, Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said…

    Great work on PS. It is a great piece! I also love the little fob you stitched for Sue. Making cording is fun, isn't it. My hubby get frustrated when I mess up his drill though:)

     
  • At 5:52 AM, Blogger Annemarie said…

    The story behind your 'cat and turtle' is so cute. Sorry to hear about your friend's loss, though. PS - as others have said before me - is beautiful . So is your fob. Wow, that looks really good!

     
  • At 8:02 AM, Blogger LivnLaf said…

    You are very thoughtful to do such nice things for your friends. Just a toss out...maybe when you stitch that piece of the cat...you can put Chex with a gold star on either side of his name rather than the initials and date? Then stitch your initials and date in a small area if you want to have your initials on there? Just a thought...

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger Carol said…

    Pretty little fob! And right up Sue's alley - she needed that pick me up this week, you are good friend to her :-)

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Love you fob! How pretty and thoughtful. Your other friend will really appreciate the starry cat - a good choice!

     
  • At 11:41 PM, Blogger Carol said…

    Ann - I saw your wish list! I have something for you :-) Would you mind emailing me your mailing address?? My email is carolsutcliffe@comcast.net :-)

    Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home