Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The mouse(s)

Well, starting about a month ago, there was a peculiar sound coming from the wall in my bedroom. Something was definitely nesting in there, making a complete nuisance of itself. The cats, especially Bella, were quite intrigued, but when it started waking me up at 3 in the morning, I was less than thrilled. I first thought it was a squirrel or chipmunk and someone even suggested it was a bat, but the timely was off for that one. I got one of those $30 rodent sonar repelant thingies but that didn't work since it was scratching around 6 inches above where that was plugged in. I tried a have-a-heart trap but it was so light, it wasn't setting off the trap, just licking all the peanut butter off the bread in the trap. I was totally against the killing of the creature but finally it came down to it....or me and my sanity. So, I got a mouse whacker. Mouse goes in. mouse doesn't come out. I got 2 of them. And there haven't been any sounds coming from the wall since. Well, except for Bella scratching the wall, hoping to get an answer back.




So, here is the confetti quilt I did last weekend. It is so much fun and was a blast to make. I love it and the coolest part is I had all the material already so no purchase was necessary. And, I am not going to be able to stitch Celtic Autumn this thursday so I did it early and here it is. I finished the entire bottom of the dress.

12 Comments:

  • At 3:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's a gorgeous quilt! The colours are so bright and cheerful.

     
  • At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW, Celtic Autumn is just awesome. Her dress is so beautiful. You've done an amazing job.

    I love the quilt too. Very colorful and cheery.

     
  • At 7:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'm cringing just imagining the sound of a mouse in the wall and would have to have set up the whacker first. I can handle spiders, creepy crawlies, even snakes, but not mice!

    CA looks so good!

     
  • At 10:09 AM, Blogger BeckySC said…

    Love the quilt :)
    CA is looking great! :)

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger glamlawlib said…

    What a cheery quilt, it's fab! Your stitching is lovely too.

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Blogger Wendy said…

    Love the quilt - the colours are so pretty to see, especially in the winter. And great progress on Celtic Autumn!

     
  • At 5:28 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    No wee little mousie ghosts prowling the hallways in the dark hours? LOL!

    Your quilt is incredible! What fun!!

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Ypur Confetti Quilt is gorgeous - I just love the colors! Congrats on finishing off the skirt on Celtic Autumn too!

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger Carto said…

    Hello there! Sorry it's taken me so long to visit you, but it's been a bit frantic, but all hopefully ok now. Lovely work as usual - I just hope that I can put such lovely stuff on my blog - that is if I ever get the time to stich. Big hugs to you and to puddys xx

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger Cathy B said…

    Your confetti quilt is so colorful!
    And Celtic Autumn continues to look better and better!

    Glad you were able to get rid of those pesky mice!

     
  • At 1:32 AM, Blogger Sharon said…

    Love the quilt! Gorgeous colors. CA is continuing to grow-great progress.

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger Angi said…

    Another NH person!! Wooohooo!!! What a gorgeous Celtic Autumn.. I feel my resolve slipping!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home