Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A Little Start



I can't remember if I mentioned I am stitching my first Chatelaine called St. Petersburg White Nights. Basically, I'm nuts. And so is Sue, because she is doing it with me. I have never worked on something so big, it's really cool. The fabric I chose is Dragon Moon by Sugar Maple Fabrics and it is just gorgeous. I am in love with the fabric. The threads are magnificent and I had so much fun starting it. It's this tiny little circle in the middle of fabric that is 32 inches x 32 inches. Sue and I have been stitching the converted Celtic Autumn together and are trying to both finish that up so we can devote more time to White Nights. Thank you to Gill for that conversion too b/c it is amazing and so much more incredible than the called for colors.


I have to show this pic of Chester b/c it just cracks me up. He loves to watch the world from behind the curtain in the living room. I'll find him like this with just his crossed paws sticking out.

11 Comments:

  • At 9:52 PM, Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said…

    What a great start! I am really looking forward to seeing you and Sue make progress on this piece!

    Chester is adorable! Cooper loves to sit like that too.

     
  • At 11:13 PM, Blogger BeckySC said…

    I look forward to following your progress :)

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OOOH, White Nights started great :)

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    What a scrumptious piece of fabric! And I love the design. Can't wait to see your progress. :)

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Great start. I just love Chatelaines, and this will be beautiful on your fabric! I am still waiting on my kit.

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Sharon said…

    Chester is too funny with his paws crossed like that. You are off to a great start-I know you will do wonderfully well your first Chatelaine.

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger Stitch Wizard said…

    Oh that is so awesome that you are going to do this!! You have a really nice start there. I will enjoy watching your progress!! Debby:)

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger Cathy B said…

    You are off to a great start. What a cute cat picture!

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Wendy said…

    Looks like you are off to a good start! Kitties are so funny about the places they chose for themselves.

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger Elizabeth MacGregor-Kirkcaldy said…

    Oh my, I love that fabby... and it's a beautiful choice for St. Petersburg White Nights! I'm going to love following yours and Sue's progress on this one! You've made a lovely start!

    Your Chester is too adorable... :-)

    I loved wandering around your blog... Your stitching is Beautiful!

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger Gina E. said…

    Chester is doing what all cats love to do - watching and thinking he can't be seen! My hubby just found Topsy after searching all over the house and calling. She was under the quilt in my linen room. There are a dozen cushions on the divan, and she was just another lump there!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home