Friday, January 26, 2007

The Mayflower finally set sail



I finished it!!!! And, I have to give serious props to Robin at Robin's Nest Designs. You see, I ran out of midnight madness from olde willow stitchery over the weekend. I only had half of the words on the top to finish and if you read my blog back in the fall, I was very upset by how long it took stitching bits & bobs to order and mail all the colors I needed. No one seems to stock Olde Willow threads....until Robin's Nest. I ordered it a few days ago and received it today. And, I finished it! I couldn't wait to stitch. I also bought Winter Line-up by The Trilogy. The penguins are so cute. I also did some work on the Be Not Weary rabbit at the beginning of the week when I was sick. I believe I had a touch of the flu but it's almost completely gone now. I did stitch on Celtic Autumn but didn't do much at all so I am not putting a post until next week. I hate posting when there are barely any new stitches. Anyway, I am off to work on my stash list.

I almost forgot that Sue tagged me to answer the following question: List 6 things that are weird about you.

1. I "meow" to music. It's addictive and contageous. And for those of you who are dying to try it, any song works, but the best meowing song is "Dust in the Wind" by Kansas ;)
2. I also break into song, usually at work and it's usually to Christmas carols
3. I don't break the bindings of any of my books
4. I have to say "bye" to each cat before I leave the house
5. I use an insane amount of hairspray and have bottles of it at home, in my purse, and at work
6. I "snooze" every morning at least 7 times. I cannot jump right out of bed, it feels like I am missing something by not going back to bed.

16 Comments:

  • At 2:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beautiful finish Ann! I love your rabbit WIP too. Can't wait to see your Winter line-up progress - I love the penguins on this one also :)

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger BeckySC said…

    Congratulations, Ann, it looks great!
    I too love the Rabbit start and I also adore the lineups :)

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger Leah said…

    Congratulations on finishing! It looks wonderful!!

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Women of the Mayflower is beautiful and I feel fortunate I got to see it IRL. Love the bunny. You meow to songs? Boy, I can hold that one over your head :)

     
  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger Tobie said…

    Congrats on your finish!! I also love that rabbit, and have recently purchased it along with the 'cream' rabbit companion piece too, I love the words and the colors. You are making great progress, I'll check back for a finish soon to inspire me! ;)
    OH, those penguins on the Winter Line-up were what caught my eye too, aren't they the cutest?!

     
  • At 10:33 PM, Blogger LivnLaf said…

    WOTM looks fabulous...I'm last out betw the 3 of us who started it late last Spring. Thanks for the motivation. Will you be framing it and what are you thinking of framing it in? Congrats on finishing it.

     
  • At 3:44 AM, Blogger Sharon said…

    What a beautiful finish. Congratulations.

    Sharon in New York

    http://sharonstitches.blogspot.com

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Wendy said…

    Congrats on your Mayflower finish! What a beautiful piece this is.

    And I love your 'meow to music'. It reminds me of those cat food commercials and I remember how addicting those tunes were.

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    I wave 'bye bye' to my dog whenever I have to leave him behind (which isn't often). The neighbors think I've lost the plot completely.

    Thanks for the tip on The Robins Nest. I placed an order at SB&B before Christmas and it hasn't even been mailed out yet.... Grrrr.

     
  • At 5:13 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    COngrats on your Mayflower finish! It is beautiful, and I'm so glad you got your final thread you needed...it is so frustrating to have to wait forever. Glad you didn't have to!

     
  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger Dani - tkdchick said…

    Congratulations on your finish!

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger Von said…

    Hurray and Congratulations on a beautiful finish Ann!!

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger Chelle said…

    Congrats on a great finish! I love the Be Not Weary bunny. Darn it, you may have enabled.

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger Sharon said…

    Congrats on a beautiful finish! I think it is too cute that you meow to music.

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger Adana said…

    I've had the Mayflower kitted since it came out. One day I'm going to stitch it. Yours is just BEAUTIFUL!!! Congrats on the finish.

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger pat said…

    hi...

    love the Mayflower ...

    I have a house next to Provincetown Mass...the original landing place of the Pilgrims...

    I have looked everywhere for this pattern by Sara ullman...was it only published in Fine lines magazine?

    If you can help..let me know.. I would love to stitch this on the beach looking out at where the Pilgrims landed.. Many thanks...

    Pat Dumas
    The jersey shore..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home