Sunday, January 21, 2007

Castle SAL


There is a SAL started for The Castle by Theresa Wentzler that I am starting. I actually started this design over 10 years ago on some boring white linen with the dmc it called for. For 90% of the stitches you blend 2 colors of dmc. It just became so monotonous I ended up throwing it out after looking at it in the UFO pile for years. Then I saw the SAL for it on Dani's site and went looking for the pattern. Evidently, I threw that out too. I bought it online and my good friend Sue and I went to a LNS yesterday to find fabric. She helped me pick out this awesome stormy fabric from Sugar Maple Fabrics called Night and she also helped me change the colors to overdyes. Thanks Sue! I started stitching The Castle yesterday. So far, so good with the color changes. I also picked up Women of the Mayflower again. Would you believe I ran out of another color? Getting thread for this design has been extremely frustrating but it is a blast to stitch. And, I am almost done with it.



Thank you for all the kind words about Celtic Autumn and the confetti quilt. I can't wait to get it quilted. Barbara, no mouse ghosties prowling, at least I hope not. :) That cracked me up. Lee asked who designed the pattern. It is from a Christmas gift my friend Robyn gave me called Super Simple Fat Quarter Quilts by Lynda Milligan and Nancy Smith. There are some terrific patterns. Wendy also asked if I am using Petite Treasure braid in Celtic Autumn. Yes. Actually, as braids go, it is nice to stitch with although stitching with any sort of braid is not on my fun list. :)

8 Comments:

  • At 11:09 PM, Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said…

    Your progress on both pieces looks great! I love the idea of using overdyed threads instead of blends. That was very sweet of Sue to help you with that task!

     
  • At 2:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice progress on both pieces!

     
  • At 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cool, cool, cool! Did I say it was cool? I love the fabric, it's going to be just stunning when finished. It was fun helping you pick out the fabric and threads and as always be able to spend time with a friend.

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Your Castle looks great. That fabric is perfect, and good plan changing to the overdyeds (blending is such a pain!!). Your Mayflower is looking close to finished - so pretty!

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger Adana said…

    I have Women of the Mayflower kitted and ready to stitch, but I'm sorry to hear you're running out of certain colors. I may rethink doing it in the Olde Willow fibers. I also need to get a better copy of the chart, the one in my magazine is so light it rather keeps me from starting the project. Nice work, hang in there.

     
  • At 4:13 AM, Blogger barbara said…

    Phew, glad to hear you aren't being haunted. ;)

    I am in love with the Maple Sugar Fabrics you chose - that is a color I could dive right into!

    WotM looks so GREAT!!

     
  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger BeckySC said…

    Great progress on both pieces :)

     
  • At 5:08 AM, Blogger Sewing Empire said…

    wow, amazing. what kind of sewing machine you used? Any recommendation on the best sewing machine for quilting under 500?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home