Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Blogging Slacker

I am a blogging slacker. It's been a week since I put in an entry, although I do have a good excuse. I have been on vacation. I went on a Windjammer sailiing cruise out of Camden, Maine. It was so much fun. I highly recommend it. The sailing was incredible, the people were so nice, and the food was incredible. All home cooked. The room was a bit small but for the amount of time you actually spend in it, it doesn't matter. It was so nice to be back out on the water. I grew up sailing and then we switched to power boats but I really missed it. I got a bit toasty from laying on the deck but now it is a nice tan. Also, I broke the book crisis...I knew Jodi Picoult would do it. I read Second Glance and Vanishing Acts, both excellent. If you have never read her, I recommend her books.

Okay, on to stitching. I have been alternating between Plymouth Sampler by Brenda Keyes and When this you see by Blackbird Designs. I am so close to being finished with When this you see but the Age 34 is over too far to the right by about 6 stitches so I need to remove it and move it over a bit. The TGA chamomile color is really too close to the green in WDW thistle, which is the alternating pink/green flowers off of the vine in the bottom. Those flowers are backstitched, which is good or you wouldn't see them at all. I am still enjoying stitching Plymouth Sampler. I added the cat/dog at the bottom and finished the third house. I can't wait to finish this one too.

So, I have been feeling extremely unmotivated lately. Since before I left for vacation last week I haven't wanted to do anything but stitch and read. Oh, and eat. Exercise, yuck. School, I don't think so. Flowers, they don't need that much water. I think I am slowly getting out of my funk, at least I hope I am. I have so many commitments, I can't afford to blow them off. I am going to school at JIU online for my master's degree and the class I am taking now is on presentations. I don't mind speaking in front of a class but because this class is online, we have to video tape the presentation in front of an actual audience and then mail them in. It's just a PITA. I have been procrastinating like crazy and I have to do the presentation thursday night. I bet you can't guess what I am doing it on??? That's right, cross stitch. I am doing a history through today presentation. I figured I should do it on something I know since I am in procrastination mode. I also seem to be in heavy typing mode. :) It's good to be back.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:29 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Seems like a lot of us have been in a funk lately. Strange.

    Your sailing trip out of Camden has me so jealous (in a good way!) - we'll finally be back in Maine next month and I'm counting the days.

    Love the progress pics. As for BD having colors that're just too close to get the contrast, it's a problem I've also encounted.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home