Friday, September 08, 2006

A new start and a finish



Last night I was suppose to start the Celtic Autumn SAL with Sue and Joyce but I had to finish Spring Snapperland. So tonight I pretended it was my Thursday CA SAL and did some stitching on it. I love this fabric, it is the same one Sue is using. It is 28ct Picture This Plus Crystal Relic and it is so dreamy. I am not a gold person but I love this fabric and the effect it will have with the converted autumn colors is going to be incredible. It is going to be hard to only stitch this on Thursdays but I am really looking forward to it. Sue already posted hers and it is so neat to see how we start in the same place but move off in different directions.

Spring Snapperland is done! I had a blast stitching this and I love the effect of the white flowers on the grey fabric. I can't wait to start the Winter Snapperland but I will wait a little bit for that. There are so many things I want to stitch first.



Bent Creek Spring Snapperland with Freebie Border Chart
28ct Confederate Grey
Changed small border flower color from WDW cocoa to WDW mulberry
Started 8-4-06 Finished 9-7-06

18 Comments:

  • At 12:48 AM, Blogger Carol said…

    Nice finish on Spring Snapperland! Congratulations! Your CA start is great - that really is wonderful fabric! I stitched Celtic Winter last year - they work up fairly quickly :-)

     
  • At 4:09 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    The white-on-gray looks fabulous! I really love the Spring Snapperland, and your new project is off to a great start!

     
  • At 6:01 AM, Blogger Jenn said…

    Spring Snapperland looks great. You made a great start to Celtic Autumn.

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger Wendy said…

    I love your Spring Snapperland - it looks awesome! I have Winter Snapperland waiting for me to start....now I think I'll have to order Spring as well :-D

    Looking forwards to seeing your progress on Celtic Autumn (I love that piece as well).

     
  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger Leah said…

    Spring Snapperland is very pretty!

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger Singular Stitches said…

    Spring Snapperland looks great! Congrats on the Happy Dance!

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger Glenna said…

    I like the Snapperland AND the sparkly fabric...and if I knew I wasn't supposed to work on it, all the more reason to do so--LOL.

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger Cathy B said…

    Very nice! Doesn't it feel good to finish a project?

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger Joyce said…

    Your Spring Snapperland looks great, Ann! I joined you on Friday in starting my Celtic Autumn. I worked on her for several hours in the hospital. I'll post a picture soon. Several questions about how you and Sue are working on this, but one comes to mind now . . . what are we going to do about the outstretched hands and cascading leaves that are in the conversion picture? I think the hands are the same as Celtic Christmas. But I don't know about the leaves.

     
  • At 6:44 PM, Blogger Casa Pearl said…

    Ann, your Snapperland is adorable and I love your fabric for CA. I look forward to watching your progress!

     
  • At 12:55 AM, Blogger Sharon said…

    congrats on Spring Snapperland finish-it's lovely!

     
  • At 4:48 AM, Blogger Annemarie said…

    Yay you! Spring Snapperland is so cute! Although I'm a big BC fan, the Snapperlands weren't my cup of tea... Or so I thought. Now that I've seen yours, maybe I should get my credit card out after all!

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Jodi said…

    Spring Snapperland is beautiful! The little sheep are my favorite part. I haven't seen that chart around -- I may have to do some investigating.

     
  • At 10:16 PM, Blogger CindyMae said…

    I love the finish. You done a wonderful job, Congrats! The new start is great as well and I agree that fabric is just dreamy!!!

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger Carto said…

    Gotta Dance!! Nice job sweetie! x

     
  • At 4:48 AM, Blogger lena-lou said…

    This looks fab finished, well done!!

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    This is so cute! Congrats on the finish. I am still working on finishing my Winter Snapperland. Only the last chart to go and then the border. You did a fantastic job on this one!

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger Von said…

    Ooooo, CA is going to look marvelous on that fabric! Your Snapperland looks great too - congrats on finishing it!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home