Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Hyper Stitchin'

Well, the last 3 days have been...not fun. I was at work on Sunday for 15 1/2 hours with 2 guys from our IT dept in NY (our parent company). Then 12 hours on monday and normal hours today but my brain is seriously fried. I lost it at work this morning and was crying and venting for while. It was just all piling up and boy did I need a release. They should have stayed a second day. Anyway, last night and tonight I came home and did nothing but stitch, except a nap today until Bella woke me up biting my feet. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't stitch. It is such a relaxing release. So, I started the Leslie's Peacock Sampler and Halloween Fairy, which I am now hooked on. OMG, I love Crescent Colors thread. I hadn't really used it before. It is the softed, nicest thread to work with. I have been noticing lately that TGA threads are knotting up and getting all twisted, WDW too but CC isn't like that. A knot here and there but not like the other ones. This fairy is so much fun to stitch. So, I am off to bed but here it is.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    WOW! You've gotten so much done on your Halloween Fairy. I've been in such a slump lately. I know stitching would help get me out of it but, I just can't seem to pick up anything to work on. I have done a little work on the Halloween Fairy but, no where near as much as you! I'll try and scan what I've gotten done soon.

    I do agree with you, the flosses that come with the piece are great to work with.

    Keep up the good work!

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Blogger Carol said…

    Good start to Halloween Fairy :-)

     
  • At 5:10 PM, Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said…

    OOOHHH, seeing your progress makes me even more glad that I decided to go ahead and by this kit. It really is cute!

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Okay, my next project is going to use those beautiful CC that I've been hoarding. You've convinced me!

    I'm in IT, too, and it's been a madhouse lately. I'm just counting the days till vacation!

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger Casa Pearl said…

    I need to try that Crescent Colors. More and more designers are using it but I need more thread like another hole in my head! I'm running out of space as it is!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home