Monday, July 17, 2006

Back to Plymouth

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Well, I couldn't stay away from the Plymouth Sampler for very long. Here is an updated pic of it and I can't wait to finish it and pick out a frame. Today I ordered mats for 2 pieces I have had finished for a while, Welcome Spot from The Drawn Thread and Red Roses from Heart in Hand. I hope they come out with Blue Violets soon. And I am so excited...Bent Creek has put out the first chart in their Summerland Snapperland series called Whale House. It is so cute and there's this tiny little crab in the background. yeah! I have all the snapperland series; snapperville, winter, and spring and just need the freebie border for spring. I really want to start those asap but I need to at least finish Plymouth Sampler first.

So, has anyone else had trouble with Weeks Dye Works threads? Lately they are driving me crazy and I am finding them to be extremeley prone to tangling and knotting up quite a bit. I know there is that thread conditioner stuff and I have some but what a pain to have to do that to each piece of thread. I like GAST better although that tangles and knots too. I must say after working with Halloween Fairy and on Leslie's Peacock Sampler, the Crescent Colors threads are really awesome. They are so soft and don't tangle or knot much at all. I think I am going to start trading those for WDW on charts. Here is a picture of the Peacock Sampler. The color combinations are so soft and it is really fun to stitch.


I haven't been quilting much lately. I have about 5 quilt tops I need to bring to my quilting lady to have quilted. Well, first I have to save up the money and in order to do that I need to "gulp" break from buying cross stitch for a while. I don't know if I can do it. But I have this spot in my entryway when you first come in that is bare wall so I found this cute welcome panel with all the colors of my first floor; red, green, gold. It is so cute and completely my style. It is just a panel with the binding cut on the bias so the stripes are diaganol. I am really happy with how it came out. I am working on a big quilt with this beautiful pink and maroon paisley fabric in it. I have to make 264 4-patch blocks and I have 190 completed. This is where I typically lose momentum, right at the home stretch of a project.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4 Comments:

  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger Glenna said…

    I love the whale house chart and will look for it. It's small enough where maybe I can actually get it done! I lose momentum on the home stretch also--I have several projects just waiting for a few more hours of stitches. Some of them are much older projects though, and doesn't it seem as if the designs that have come out in the last few years are prettier/more interesting/have more oomph somehow?

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Your Plymouth Sampler is looking fantastic! Thanks for the link to Whale House, I had no idea the Summer Snapperland was starting! I have the other two, but am still working on stitching the Winter one.

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger Carto said…

    Hello! I dropped by Heather's blog and came across your post, which is how I discovered your blog - wow, look at all this wonderful stuff! You're blog is really good!

    I've used Weeks Dye Works threads before and I can sympathize with your frustation. Every 2 seconds, it would knot up on me. I had to use Thread Heaven on every strand, which is a complete pain, especially if you're stitching something that had to be completed quickly, like a birthday present or whatever. Lovely threads, but a complete nightmare to use. This sampler's looking great - great job :)

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Wow, I just love this Sampler. And your quilt is incredible.

    Never had any real problems with WDW or GAST, but I am a very slow stitcher so maybe that makes a difference.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home