Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Women of the Mayflower

Well, I finally started it...Women of the Mayflower. So far, I love it. It's a fun design and the colors are wonderful. I had some trouble getting a good, close picture so the fabric doesn't look right but it is 32ct cream belfast linen. The threads are Olde Willow Stitchery and are so soft and really great to stitch with, like CC threads.

So, check this out. You may have already read about this on Jenn's site. I asked her last week where she lived in CT and not only did we live in the same town growing up but we were in the same high school together, 2 years apart. How weird is that? It just blows my mind that out of the little group of blogs I visit about cross stitch I meet someone I was in high school with. Wild. It is certainly a small world. Hi Jenn!

One of my favorite shows, Project Runway was on tonight. The 3rd season started last week and I am hooked already. I love any show that shows something created at the end and the steps it took to get there. I love watching how things work and how things are made so this show is right up my alley. And, one of my favorite authors, Terry Goodkind, finally got his next book out called Phantom. It is book 10 in his Sword of Truth series and is just an incredible group of books. I love fantasy books, epics of magic, dragons, wars, an unlikely group of heroes. Good v. Evil....I love that stuff. Anway, I have 40 pages left on Dragons of Autumn Twilight and then onto Phantom.

7 Comments:

  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger Jenn said…

    Hi Ann! Oh you like Project Runway too! I love it too. I'm still not sure I like this 'cast'...last years was my favorite.

    WOTM is looking great.

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger Glenna said…

    I think it's interesting how New England-y your projects look. Mine tend the same way, and I can't decide if it's our background (I'm from MA), or just the trend the designs are following (although there's lots of stuff out there).

    BF reads all the Terry Goodkind books, so I'll have to tell him about the new one (although he probably already has it and I haven't noticed it in his book pile).

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Great start on your Mayflower. I bought this magazine, so I will have the chart to stitch when I get the time (ha ha - who am I kidding?!)

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger Carto said…

    Hey this looks great - and your stitching is so neat, great job!

    Ah a kindred spirit :) I've read many a novel by Terry Goodkind - a fab author. You have impeccable taste! :))

     
  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said…

    Great start! I love this piece!

     
  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger Carol said…

    That was a fast start! Are you stitching the ship in cross stitch or diagonal satin stitch?? Neither Sue (Red) nor I are stitching it quickly, so if you are SALing with us, will you be stitching about once a week like we do?

     
  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger LivnLaf said…

    YAY!!!! WOTM--another one for the SAL!!! Looks great!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home